Are you snuggled up on the couch dreaming of summer at the beach? While jetting off somewhere warm and sunny is a great way to escape the winter blues, there’s also something special about cold-destination beaches in the wintertime. Norwalk is home to two fantastic beaches, Calf Pasture and Shady Beach, both of which offer dramatic landscapes and winter experiences of a lifetime.
While the beach and town may be a bit quieter in the winter, there are still plenty of restaurants, shops and museums to visit. Even the ocean itself is different during the colder months of the year. There’s no better time to marvel at the breaking waves and enjoy a peaceful sunset. These beaches are often overlooked and yet they’re just as much fun, less crowded and easier to get to than the overly crowded, expensive beaches in New York or New Jersey.
There are simple and distinctive things that visiting the beach in the wintertime can give you, such as:
- Walking along the shore in the sand or tromping through the snow just a few feet away.
- Fewer fees. During the bustling summer months, Calf Pasture has a parking fee for non-residents, but during the colder months, parking is free!
- Eating hot food on the beach. How often can you enjoy a warm meal on the beach during the summer? Enjoy a surfside picnic on days when the temperature hasn’t dropped too low.
- Collecting unique and gorgeous sea-shells. Less crowded beaches mean more shells!
- Instead of picnics, look into the local beaches and see if they allow beach fires.
One of the best features of Norwalk is that if the beaches become too much, there is always plenty to do in town. The off-season is the perfect time to enjoy SoNo and anytime is a good time to shop and eat, so hit up the local unique gift shops and restaurants that line the town. The Maritime Aquarium is also close by, which has tons of indoor activities for all ages.
With all there is to love about Norwalk, we know that our apartments there would be perfect for you. Our Morningside Gardens community has one- and two-bedroom apartments and townhomes that feature a variety of sought-after living features including 24-hour maintenance, contemporary kitchens and spacious bathrooms. Stop by the Morningside Garden Leasing Center at 112 Hoyt Street in Stamford or call or text Nicole 203-273-7529 for more information. You can also learn more about us at www.CTBestApts.com.