Whether you’re decorating a space for the first time or wanting to start the spring off with fresh décor, CTBest has taken the guesswork out of styling your apartment for you. Our apartments offer close proximity to bustling downtowns and a certain irreplaceable cozy charm. It’s important to create a space that is comfortable yet highlights your personality, and that’s what CTBest Apartment Style 101 is here to help you do.
Named the 2017 Pantone Color of the Year, Greenery is meant to represent refreshment and revitalization. While painting the walls may be a problem, this cheery shade of green can be found in décor, furnishings and fashion. To add to the Greenery effect, another trend set to take off happens to be climbing plants. Here are a few ideas we’ve gathered to help incorporate the Color of the Year into your home:
- This spring, Greenery is sure to be on the rise in all products. Invest in new kitchen appliances and add some brightness to your space! Bright green toasters, blenders, dishes and towels are popular items that are often displayed throughout the kitchen.
- If a room in your apartment is painted neutral, consider adding a big pop of color with potted or climbing plants.
- The beauty of Pantone’s pick is that it works with almost any other color. If your room has lighter shades like blue, gray or beige then Greenery can be a subtler accent. If you’re looking for a dramatic feel, pair it with darker colors like black or navy blue for a stark contrast.
- Look for solid-colored pillows or blankets in a green hue to bring some life to the living room or bedroom. The best thing about these items is that they can easily be replaced whenever you want to change the look of the room.
- Butterflies are becoming increasingly popular in home design. A symbol of both grace and optimism, the butterfly can be used with a variety of sophisticated accents such as photos or fabric prints. Greenery will add to the natural look and feel of the butterflies.
- Mixed patterns can be found on numerous couches, love seats, pillows and comforters. Depending on the room and where you want to make a statement, colorful and playful patterns can be found in almost any furniture or décor.
- If you love books, head to the thrift store to see if there are any antique books available in shades of green. Whether they’re stacked on book shelves or lying on the coffee table, books can be displayed anywhere and in any room.
No matter how you incorporate Greenery into your apartment, get creative and make your home at CTBest Apartments truly reflective of your own unique style! We have a variety of floor plans that will be sure to suit your taste and needs, from studios and one bedroom to two- or three-bedroom apartments. For more information on our luxury apartments in Branford, Hamden/New Haven, Norwalk and Stamford, Connecticut, stop by one of our conveniently located leasing centers, call/text leasing consultant Desiree at 203-223-1665 or visit us online at www.CTBestApts.com.